Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Friday, September 24, 2010

Breastpumps

Last week I've been busy surveying on breastpump to prepare myself for fully breastfeeding my soon to come out baby nih. Bermacam-macam jenis dan brand. Pening kepala nih nak membuat keputusan. I did some study on which is good and memang VALUE FOR MONEY. Yup, we are on a tight budget skit.

If only i berkemampuan to buy I'll definitely get myself this breastpump



Medela : Swing Breastpump with 2-Phase Expression
RM799.00


An electric breastpump which perfectly adapts to the daily routine of a dynamic mother. Ideal for occasional or frequent pumping – handy, trendy and quiet. Winner of 2006 Medical Design Excellence Award.




- With 2-Phase Expression®

- Ideal for out and about

- Gently massaging SoftFit™ Breastshield

- Electric or battery-powered

What is 2-Phase Expression ?
It is the only research based breastpump technology to mimic a baby's natural nursing rhythm. The unique combination of a rapid stimulation and slower expression makes pumping especially gentle, comfortable and efficient.




From my previous entry, ada 2 more yang dalam my list. Those 2 are :

Unimom Allegro Breastpump
RM338.00

Components:

  • Breast shield + Connector + Air tube

  • Bottle + Disc + Cap + Nipple + Bottle cover

  • Valve head + Membrane

  • Bottle stand

  • AC adaptor
    Features : 

  • Pump on the Go - Can work on 4 x AA batteries or included power adaptor

  • Mimics baby's suction - Rhythmic suction-mimics natural baby's suction allowing faster let down.

  •  Electronically controlled - Easy adjustment of vacuum and cycles rate by soft touch controls with LED display

  • BPA free bottle

  • Comfortable suction

  • Vacuum/Cycles adjustment
(source : http://www.sarakids.com/ )

The above breastpump ni was my main choice. I like the features semua, in fact i think it is really value for money to have it. Then i continue on searching the best value for money breastpump and i found out that this breastpump tak sesuai untuk heavy duty pumping. Boleh pump 2-3 times daily je. I nak fully breastfeed my baby, i think 2-3 times daily macam tak cukup. Some more I ada baca here where at least kena ada yang hospital grade breastpump which means heavy duty la. Lagipun this is my 1st baby, I wouldn't want it to use it once je then the next baby kena beli lagi..No, no, no no.. Jangan membazir. Might as well spend untuk something yang tahan lebih lama.

So I switch to this :

 



Spectra 3 Electric Breastpump
RM388.00

Spectra 3 is almost one third the size of the Spectra 2 (no more bulky pumps to lug around) which makes it ideal for home and office use.


This set contains:

Pump motor/body.

1 standard size bottle with teat and bottle cap.

1 conversion kit for wide neck bottles.

1 Breast shield set and tubing only


My biras been using this. Dia kata ni pun dah ok sangat. So I take into consideration lah but the main thing or feature yang buat I opt to another breastpump is because it can be only use by electric. Tak boleh guna battery. My biras ada manual pump so, it's not a problem to her lah kan kalau takde feature tu. To me, kenapa kena ada 2 pump sedangkan 1 boleh works with or without electricity. Ye lah, the manual is useful kalau in case you travel long distance. Mana nak carik electricity kalau dalam kereta or dalam flight, aite? In my case I memang akan travel long distance because my husband is married to orang yang ada kampung halaman nun jauh di sana. Jadi this pump is a no no to me.

Next on my quest in finding what's the best pump for me I jumpa this :



Safety Plus Portable Breastpump
RM429.00

You can read all about the features here. Semua details ada and I think this is the right pump for me. Tawakal je lah tapi InsyaALLAH betul lah keputusan me untuk membeli nya. I'm thinking of having it this weekend. Baru nak try tengok the thing macam mana in real life. Barang-barang macam ni tak berani lah nak beli online.

Owh, i forgot to tell you why I choose this. It's because it comes dengan cooler bag and 2 milk storage sekali. Hehehe. If nak beli cooler bag tu the price is puluh-puluh jugak. So, consider it done by buying breastpump ini sahaja. Cuma kena add on ice pack untuk cooler bag tu.

Next thing on the list yang important jugak to me is warmer. Dah freeze kan breastmilk misti lah nak kena ada milk warmer kan. Ok now nak pergi survey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

go on and spill it out..